The Boulders is a master planned community located in Carefree, Arizona, just north of Scottsdale. The spectacular scenery of this area is unmatched anywhere else in the Sonoran Desert, thanks to 12 million year old granite boulder formations that tower over the landscape. 12 distinct communities contain elegant homes and villas that are unobtrusively placed to blend into the background, rather than distract from it. Most home sites have views of either mountains or greens. The 2 championship golf courses were designed by Jay Morrish, and are both rated among top 25 courses in Arizona.
Membership in the Boulders Country Club comes with a long list of luxurious amenities. Golf enthusiasts will enjoy the golf courses, pro shop, driving range, putting greens, and chipping and bunker areas to practice in. Tennis lovers will want to spend time in The Tennis Garden. It offers 8 different courts, weekly clinics, personal instructions, tennis social events, and its own pro shop. When it’s time to relax, homeowners will want to visit the Golden Door Spa. It is a 33,000 square foot retreat featuring waterfalls, gardens, native plants, and babbling brooks. The Spa features treatment rooms, a Pilates studio, tea room, salon, steam room, sauna, Japanese bath, and a swimming pool. Finally, all members can take advantage of the Club’s excellent fitness center, guided outdoor activities, lap pool, and whirlpool.
If you’re seeking the ultimate Arizona golf lifestyle; then you start and end with the Boulders Golf Community, blended into in the high Sonoran desert on the border of North Scottsdale and Carefree. Elegant homes and villas blend with the magnificent boulder outcroppings which enhance the dramatic scenery. A variety of custom homes and homesites surround the two Jay Morrish golf courses available for play to guests and to members of the prestigious Boulders Club.
- Price range for custom homes: $700,000 to over $2,000,000
- Custom home sites from $400,000
- Developer homes from $400,000
Homes for sale in the Boulders
[idx-listings community=”The Boulders” propertytypes=”282″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” showlargerphotos=”true”]
Golf Course Information
- Two championship golf courses
- Premier Golf Membership – $130,000 – includes access to the Golden Door Spa as well as 80% equity
- Regular Golf Membership – $105,000 – includes 50% equity
- Golf Pro – Don Crawley
Clubhouse and Amenities Information
- Clubhouse with casual grill, pro shop and formal dining area.
- Golden Door Spa – with 24 treatment spaces and full menu of soothing treatments.
- 24 hour guard gate with security patrols
- Over 12,000 square feet of meeting space, accommodating from 10 to 500 guests
- 12 meeting rooms, with flexible floor plans
- Terraced Tennis Garden, with eight courts, private lessons, and weekly clinics
- Four swimming pools, including a heated pool and lodge pool with rock waterfall
- Six unique restaurants and cafes, serving sumptuous cuisine in casual and formal atmospheres
- Modern fitness facility, including weights, cardio equipment, whirlpools, and saunas
Map of The Boulders
The Boulders is located at the northern edge of Scottsdale by Carefree. The surrounding country is spectacular desert with impressive bouldered outcroppings which have been incorporated into the design of the magnificent golf course.
Scottsdale Road is the primary north/south commute route used to access Scottsdale and the 101 Freeway.